Samstag, 16. Juni 2007

More life in Caracas

Well, I went out to explore the Caracas nightlife last night. It was pretty impressive - most places stay open to 5AM and Caraqueños are famed for knowing how to have a good time. The one thing I really miss from home is the smoking ban. Most venues here resemble large, windowless sheds with security guards controlling entrance and exit, and, of course, stepping outside to have a fag is unheard of.

I really think you build up a tolerance to passive smoking. I don´t remember being too annoyed by it before it was banned in Scotland. Now, it gets in my eyes and everywhere, and I find myself really resenting the rest of the room for inflicting it on me. Plus, the inevitable ashtray smell of your clothes next morning...


Ah well. Music over here is a compendium of western dance classics and ´Latin Pop´. No Ricky Martin as of yet. Beer is a little weak but does the job nonetheless.

5 Kommentare:

Aloysius hat gesagt…

The good blogging continues! I look forward to it and I'm one of your regular readers. Keep it up.

I see that the denizens of Caracas are called Caraqueños - being a Spanish speaking nation it's not surprising - I remembered that the folk of Madrid are known as Madrilenos.

I recall that you flew to Venezuela from Madrid by Iberian. About that time I was reading a report of Ireland's ill-fated rugby tour to Argentina. The Irish Independent correspondent travelled with the team on the same airline and said this of the flight experience:

'IT'S hard to know which was the more protracted, or more uncomfortable to endure: flying long haul with Iberian......

There were other ways of getting to and from Argentina, we just didn't know that any of them surely would have been more pleasant than flying with a cabin crew who seemed like they had been knocked back in their request for earlyish retirement.''

Anonym hat gesagt…

Bonjour I'd love to thank you for such a great quality site!
thought this would be a perfect way to introduce myself!

Sincerely,
Sage Brand
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/shrek-party-supplies.html]shrek Party Supplies[/url].

Anonym hat gesagt…

Infatuation casinos? examine this callow [url=http://www.realcazinoz.com]casino[/url] navigator and kidnap up online casino games like slots, blackjack, roulette, baccarat and more at www.realcazinoz.com .
you can also into our blooming [url=http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com]casino[/url] manipulate at http://freecasinogames2010.webs.com and be heir to in legal genially touched in the head !
another unsurpassed [url=http://www.ttittancasino.com]casino spiele[/url] livelihood is www.ttittancasino.com , in consideration german gamblers, enclosure in well-wishing online casino bonus.

Anonym hat gesagt…

on the other side of 21 and constraint some matured toys? be constituted of calm down up with nutty [url=http://www.avi.vg]sex toys [/url] online, ungainly divergence of adult toys like [url=http://www.avi.vg/category.php?a=coitus4sexx&cid=3]vibrators [/url] and [url=http://www.avi.vg/category.php?a=screwing4sexx&cid=30]dildos [/url]at www.avi.vg , securing the parcelling extinguished, another finest purlieus to rub imprisonment of [url=http://www.ewgpresents.com]viagra online[/url] is the all latest http://www.ewgpresents.com and the unsurpassed ed rx [url=http://www.rxpillsmd.net]online viagra[/url] drugstore www.rxpillsmd.net , and the chief generic [url=http://www.generic4you.com]viagra[/url] more at www.generic4you.com or at www.generik4u.com the [url=http://www.generik4u.com]sildenafil citrate[/url] shop.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Hello everybody!

My name is Eva, I live in Scottsdale, AZ.

I am here to network / interact with other people for sharing knowledge, discussing ideas, seeking advice, find business partners & the like.

Regards,
Eva